Thursday 25 November 2010

SS11 Press Days: Oasis

At the Oasis press day late 60's and early 70's fashion was the order of the forthcoming season, with a variety of A-line dresses (as seen above), dominating proceedings. Presented in a small showroom at the very top of Oasis House, I absolutely loved the way that the collection was both presented and styled. With old school sweet jars, vintage typewriters and sewing kits strewn about, the word vintage emanated from the outset as I perused.
As you'll already know I'm a huge fan of navy so I'm delighted to see several blue dresses in varying shades represented. Whilst it was more of a royal blue, I particularly adore the crochet number (below, far right).
Whilst elegant pieces and a sophisticated atmosphere ruled the day, I really liked the slightly kookier, in my mind Dirty Dancing take on the era of fashion in question, with lots of red accents.
Lastly, the illustrations painted directly onto the walls outside the presentation space were immense and provided the perfect surroundings for the two rather beautifully dressed mannequins (below), whom were wearing high gloss digital printed silk dresses the latter of which, made me swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment