Monday 10 May 2010

AW10 Press Days: Part Ten

A great press day I attended a couple of weeks back was that of the mighty Fred Perry. I loved the classic British brand's signature style which shone through thick argyle knits. I also liked the subtle branding introduced for AW10 which - for the ladies - saw brooches of their signature laurel logo which - as the name would suggest - were detachable, and rather lovely!
Also on display was Fred Perry's ongoing collaboration with Raf Simons, whose collection always focuses on knitwear, paying particular attention to traditional Fred Perry fabrics and techniques.
I really appreciated the punk inspired themes prevalent in the women's line - especially visible in the footwear and accessories.
In addition to the forthcoming collaboration with Amy Winehouse (news of which to come nearer the time), I also spotted first hand the collab with Liberty, where Fred Perry have sampled some of the historic store's legendary prints.
I loved the chandelier present in the Regent Street Tommy Hilfiger store - very decadent.The collection too was really impressive, not at all what I was expecting due to its high wearability. I also really liked the way that the mannequins were displayed and loved the styling and merchandising, which sincerely sold the collection to its highest potential.
Spot the on-trend country inspired tweeds and camel shades, and also the season's biggest story: the paperbag waist!
In the menswear section (which was rather impressive, I must say) I caught wind of an ongoing collaboration with the Keith Haring estate across ladies, mens and kids footwear.
I also really loved these NY themed 'Five Borough' T-shirts that come in pizza-style boxes... very cool indeed.
On display I spied a beautifully crafted table made from random bits of skirting board and varnished wood scraps. I absolutely loved the simplicity of it, the uneven surfaces and the general whimy. I really want to make myself one so 'll keep you posted on how that goes!

2 comments: