Tuesday 2 November 2010

Rich Simmons

Ashamedly several weeks ago news of a cool street artist landed in my inbox and being the overworked procrastinator I am turning into, I neglected to do anything about it. Having rediscovered the email, it’s only right that I shed some light – and not try to rhyme after 11 hours of tedious work.
Image © Rich Simmons.
Having recently exhibited at the Gallery Rouge in Hertfordshire to rave reviews, Rich Simmons is charting high on my ‘Ones to Watch’ list. At 24, Simmons is self-taught and became an ambassador for The Prince's Trust, after discovering his talent when struggling with problems at home.

As regular followers will know, I am a huge fan of street art so I was instantly drawn to Rich’s intricate and playful homage-portraits and my respect instantly jumped up a few ranks when I heard that he founded an organisation called Art Is The Cure that helps give young people all over the world an outlet.

As a fellow 24 year-old I’m beyond impressed and wish more people of our generation would step-up and share their wisdom. As for me, I’m still procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment