Monday 12 April 2010

AW10 Press Days: Part Five B

At the Relative Mo press day last week I fell head over heels in love with Louise Goldin's AW10 collection. I loved the padding effect, especially in leather - amazing!
 
I didn't think I was really that big a fan of Julien Macdonald as I've found his last few collections a bit hit and miss, but hoorah... this collection I love. I really liked the equestrian inspired jackets and the uber chunky knits, with my favourite pieces being the knitted string vest tops.
A new designer to me was Duro Olowu, whose prints were to die for. I enjoyed every piece in he collection, especially how all of the prints clashed so majorly - exactly my kind of styling!
As reported during LFW, Orla Kiely's AW10 collection was simply divine. For the upcoming season there were luxurious and overtly feminine pieces a plenty. I loved the buttoned-down understated feel of the collection - right up my street!
Great boots from the master that is Galliano. I especially liked his take on the brother creeper, and I'm certain these knee-highs will be on every celebrity worth their salt in the coming months.
 
For me Nathan Jenden's collection was one of the best showcased at the Relative Mo press day! I absolutely adored this bright dress embellished with plectrums - so original and creative. I'm very much looking forward to calling this in for photoshoots in the coming months.
Yet another designer whom I wasn't too familiar with was Aitor Throup, but I loved the way in which he displayed his collections very simply, utilizing the rails available, but setting his collection apart wonderfully.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the Louise Goldin shoes!! x

    ReplyDelete