Saturday 10 April 2010

AW10 Press Days: Part Four

Last week I went to see the mighty Sir Paul Smith's new AW10 collections in his Covent Garden showroom. As you might expect everything was wonderful, with Sir Paul offering a superior cut and sophistication in his collections, that I have come to always look forward to.
I loved the limited edition Paul Smith Mini Cooper, it looked so amazing and makes such a bold statement.
Everytime I visit the Paul Smith showroom I'm always really excited to see how the PR and marketing team have rearranged the space, as there are always tons of new and exciting things adorning the walls. Rather good for ideas on how to model my own home! I love all the little details like a shoe-shining set next to the shoes... its these small things that I always really appreicate!
The AW10 women'swear collection was as decadent as ever with lots of beautiful string pearl detailing at the backs of dresses. Also in the mix was this season's Horse and Hound equestrian theme, which had a lovely light-hearted aesthetic which perfectly complimented the riding coats and tweed plus fours.
Located near the Mini (and aforementioned shoe-shining box) were these wonderful shoes, taken from the Men Only collection. creating traditional men's brogues and boots into more wearbable shapes and sizes for women. A range of soft leathers were dip-dyed in deep autumnal colours that I can't wait to get my hands on for next season.
As predicted the menswear didn't disappoint and I loved it as much as the ladieswear if not more! Juxtaposed with the dark and dramatic colour palette of the mainline collection were brightly coloured mohair and wool suits in turquoise, blue and a lilac purple.
To say I love these Paul Smith upholstered chairs would be the biggest understatement of the century so far, and has got me thinking and plotting with regards to how I can put my own floral prints to good use.
Also on display were some fabulous examples of tableware that Paul Smith has designed for Stelton. To celebrate their 50th anniversary, Sir Paul has reworked Arne Jacobsen's Cylinda Line, giving it a fresh and contemporary update, not taking away from the integrity of the original design. Stainless tea and coffee pots have accents of colour on the handles, whilst plates and bowls feature heavy colour blocking.
To both showcase his new limited edition floral print china, and feed the press in attendance, the team cleverly utilised the cups and saucers as dispensers for an array of penny sweets that were dotted throughout the showroom – proving to be both a treat for the eyes and the taste buds! The 'Rose China' collection features a striking and colourful photo print originally taken by the designer himself at the Chelsea Flower Show. Like all posh china every piece has been lovingly finished with a gold trim.
As to what these were I'm not too sure... at first I thought they looked a bit like bongs, but that would just be plain weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment