Thursday 4 February 2010

Alexis Mabille can do no wrong

As someone not usually known to pass comment on Couture I just couldn’t resist giving Alexis Mabille a mention, as I thought his collection - that he debuted in Paris last week - was amazing! Partly channelling the current 80s trend, this eye-popping collection featured plenty of colour blocking – yet again another big trend for us mere mortals this SS10.
Imagery throughout courtesy of coutorture.com
With severely sharp tailoring, Mabille kept the silhouettes clean and simple, which isn’t necessarily something I would expect from most Couture designers, making this one of the most wearable Couture collections I’ve possibly ever seen. I loved how chic and sophisticated the dresses were and also loved the little touches visible from the show – such as the models wearing odd shoes and brightly coloured half-head-pieces to match the contrasting colours of their outfits. Ingenious!

No comments:

Post a Comment