Friday 19 August 2011

Brand Of The Week: Traffic People

Last week I was invited down to the Kingly Court store of hip young label Traffic People to view the new AW11 collection. Filled to the rafters with statement dresses and a plethora of Japanese inspired prints, I was in heaven. Greeted by the lovely Sister PR team I enjoyed sipping champagne the ladylike way, from a beautiful array of mismatching bone china. Right up my street with retro kitsch props and accessories, I could have spent hours taking in the fashion and beautiful red velvet cupcakes.
Invited to try on pieces from the new range, my favourites were the Japanese and peplum snake print dresses in a variety of blues and white and some of the light knits. With animal prints, sequins and a relaxed 60s vibe; the collection is very much mix and match with some grunge inspired pieces juxtaposed with pretty evening and tea dresses. Shying away from lots of monotonous black, I was really impressed with the vibrancy of the collection, which I had to be reminded a couple of times was for winter, and will be available in store from late August.
With prices for garments starting at as little as £39, quality trend-led fashion has never been so affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment