Monday 20 September 2010

LFW SS11 Diary: Osman – The one that got away

As those who follow me on Twitter will know, several dozen people with seated tickets for Osman got turned away on Saturday due to overcapacity and double booking – no comment there. I wasn’t going to write anything about it as I was gutted – it being the show I most wanted to see – however I couldn’t resist having a peek.

Showing at the BFC tent literally five years after his LFW debut, Osman Yousefzada‘s SS11 offering was a pared down affair in comparison to previous collections and actually seemed a little lacklustre, as for me it didn’t have the wow factor that I’ve seen at many other shows in London, so far this season. Still exuding the same luxury, juxtaposing fabrics and Osman’s signature style, I particularly liked the simplicity and minimalism evident in the tailored dresses and jackets. The colour palette was interesting too, following the spring trend for pastels, in particular pistachio and lemon sorbet – my key word for the season it would seem. As a navy blue obsessive, I loved that in parts it underpinned the collection, adding a stark contrast to the paler and floatier fabrics, adding a sense of gravity and depth to an otherwise flat collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment