Friday 27 November 2009

SS10 PRESS DAYS: Part Eight

Yesterday I popped into the ASOS press day on my way to dinner at one of my favourites, Nando’s. As a fan of ASOS who has never actually bought any clothing online I thought it was my duty to pop down and have a little look.

What stood out for me about this press day more than others was the immediate feeling of summer I got whilst walking around the huge space. I loved all of the bright colour and pattern and luxurious silk kaftans, beautiful swimwear and embellished pieces that seemed to be everywhere.

As you can see from the images below there was plenty of texture on offer in the form of sequins, crystals, beads, feathers and jersey cut out strips and panels.


A couple of garments really caught my eye both by designer Belle Savvage. The first was a beautiful twist on the shift dress in black with a deep V-neck and beautiful and colourful geometric pattern.

The second garment that I would have really liked to take away from me was this silk dress in the most gorgeous pastels which are not something I’d usually go for. I don’t really know how to describe why I liked it, it was just beautiful from the subtle statement shoulders, to the snug fit, to the slightly structured tulip shape of the skirt – amazing!

Whilst I’m not sure who all the brands were there was a beautiful selection of jewellery on show which included chunky hand painted bracelets, necklaces embellished with layer upon layer of beads and charm necklaces which included the cutest plastic models of kilted bagpipers.

Another thing I really liked was the use of African prints and fabrics throughout the presentation of the collections which I felt helped to hammer home the subtle tribal tones and mood reflected on many of the SS10 catwalks.

On the way out I had a quick glance at the menswear and really, really liked the footwear. Loved the subtle changes and updating of the boat shoes, brogue, leather sandal and to my surprise and great delight there was even a man’s gladiator sandal which is fab, and I look forward to seeing these on the streets next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment