Tuesday 2 March 2010

Doii, Doii, Doii

All scans courtesy of Doii and all images courtesy of moi!
Well as you know Doii was by FAR my favourite show of LFW, although - to be fair - Ashish was such a close second. Anyhow I wanted to tell you exactly why I loved it, but as i've written about it twice (the day job, you see) I'm not sure I can rewrite my thoughts for a third time so I'll keep the comments brief...
On Sunday 21st Feb at 11:30 I attended the Doii show held as part of Vauxhall Fashion Scout. I genuinely didn't know very much about the brand before I went, but now feel that if I could only go to one show next season; it would be Doii! Patiently waiting for the show to begin, I was enticed by the beautiful florals present on both the invitation and the information pack, which kept me intrigued until the show began, due to all of the beautiful illustrations and prints it contained which I was later to discover, featured heavily through the collection(see below). Upgraded to the front row I was pleased as punch!
Opening the show was a beautiful porcelain faced, red headed model who bore a striking resemblance to Little Red Riding Hood, wondering through a forgotten forest in an almost forgotten fairytale. With each model having the most striking big and bouncy curls in their hair they floated ethereally down the catwalk in a beautiful array of floral dresses.
Working multiple trends with great aplomb, there were cute as-a-button bubble hem dresses, floating bohemian offerings and not forgetting the oversized puff sleeves present in a Victoriana inspired black lace number. channelling the winter theme were thick furs and knee high fluffy boots, ideal for the snowy days we’re sure to experience this time next year seeing as the fight against global warming is failing.....
Founded in 2006 by Korean designer Doii Lee, the Doii Paris label is well known for its elegant and eye catching designs conceived in Paris and produced in Korea. With each piece created so limited edition that only a few will ever exist, this is the most couture ready-to-wear collection to be shown at this season’s LFW.
To perfectly finish each look, every model wore a pair of patent leather Mary-Jane’s fastened with the cutest oversized bows in printed fabrics, and when combined with the playing card print we had visions of a modern day Alice in Wonderland – falling down the rabbit-hole after gazing too long at this simply mesmerizing collection!
                                                                                                             Doii Lee, in her own design- naturally
Simply exquisite as I'm sure you'll agree!!! As you can see from the plethora of images this show really got me excited so I wanted to take a look at the garments up close to ensure they were the real deal, and I'm pleased to say they really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment