Wednesday 20 January 2010

DSquared2 @ Milan Fashion Week

Perhaps it’s just me but upon turning the page in this morning's Metro I was pretty horrified to see shots from DSquared2' recent fashion show at Milan Fashion Week. I know fashion is supposed to be light-hearted and sometimes tongue-in-cheek, but really at the risk of sounding twice my age – 46 - why was it necessary to send the models down the catwalk covered with bloodied noses and make-up made to look like cuts and bruises? Does this mean that all Dsquared2 clothing from the AW10 collection has to be worn with a badge of violence? The sceptic in me thinks it’s probably an ill advised PR stunt to promote the hockey vibe channelled in the collection, but I’m pretty horrified that they expect to sell clothes by promoting violence. I don’t know maybe I’m over reacting...?

No comments:

Post a Comment